Welcome back to The Coast Diamond Men’s Guide to Buying an Engagement Ring. (If you missed our first post on engagement ring style you can find it here.) We continue our Men’s Guide this week with the focus on Value. Value is what gives our customer the most confidence in their purchase. You want to stay within your budget while getting the most for your money. However, cheaper does not mean more valuable. So, how do you find the most confidence in your purchase of an engagement ring? We have some important points for you to consider here in our second installment of The Coast Diamond Men’s Guide to Buying an Engagement Ring: Value.
There is plenty advice on how much you should spend on her engagement ring: the one-month salary rule, the two-month salary rule, the three-month salary rule (in other words, a quarter of your annual salary).
The two-month rule was created behind the idea that how much money you spend on her diamond engagement ring is a reflection of how much you value her.
There isn’t a set rule on how much to spend. If you know her style and her expectations and yours, how much you spend is entirely up to you.
Don’t Bust It
There are ways to get great value out of your engagement ring so you don’t bust your budget. But how do you do it and still sweep her off her feet when you present her with her engagement ring?
- Know Your Stuff. Reading The Coast Diamond Men’s Guide to Buying an Engagement Ring is getting you started on the right foot. Before you step into a store to see and feel engagement rings, do your research. The Four Cs are important. We’ll get into to those in our next post on Quality. Discovering her Style, as we learned in the previous post, is vital too. A little knowledge can take you a long way and give you confidence while you are shopping, as well as keep you within budget.
- We love our partnerships with Coast Authorized Dealers. They are expert jewelers. Get to know a little bit about them before you visit. You can save money by exploring retailers and what they have to offer beforehand. Check their websites for special events, to learn about financing options, promotions or free gifts with purchase.
Considering what she values in an engagement ring will mean the world to her for years to come. Her style, the benefits of metal choice, and the shape and size of her diamond center stone are all important when considering what she values.
- The style of her engagement ring is the essence of who she is. Halo, solitaire, three-stone… there is a lot to consider and that’s why we chose to post our Coast Diamond Men’s Guide to Buying an Engagement Ring: Style first.
- Discuss metal choice. The value in metal choice often comes from a benefit that is personal (hypo-allergenic, cost, trend, etc.) to your future bride and yourself. Your Coast retailer can help you understand the advantages of the different metals. Our Coast Diamond designs are customizable in the metal of your choice, yellow, white, or rose gold, or platinum.
- Get the details about diamond shape and size. A Coast retailer can show you how to personalize your Coast Diamond engagement ring with the diamond center stone of your choice. For example, if the diamond’s size is more important to her than the diamond’s shape ask your jeweler to see options. The same size diamond in a different shape can appear larger.
The Value of Coast Diamond
Since 1978, Coast has designed classic and romantic bridal jewelry with the highest standards. Every detail is thoughtfully attended to. The heirloom quality of a Coast Diamond engagement ring naturally lends to value beyond compare.
We will finish our series with The Coast Diamond Men’s Guide to Buying an Engagement Ring: Quality. In it, we will discuss standards of quality and The Four Cs of diamond buying.
Happy engagement ring shopping!